THe Toker's Search

Custom Search

Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Random unpredicted delights:

It was a long day in the lab... I've been pouring over these soil samples trying to make my eyes constantly adjust and sharpen. Plus someone new was in the lab today and she took my microscope!! grrr....

(For those who don't use microscopes, especially stereo-microscopes I'll explain... You know those 3D images you see from olden times? the two photos separated giving your eyes two slightly different flat images and making your brain think it's 3-D.... Thats how the microscopes work that I use. They're all different and the one I was using was the best in the room
. because she took mine I had to use a different one... with less light and wierder images...)

So imagine that for 5 hours a day.... It definitely does a number on your head. Almost like a sativa high but more uncomfortable....


I was done by 3:40... my brain just couldn't take the constant staring... it hurt my eyes.... plus again it's super nice outside. And I was stuck in a lab facing the blue sky and clouds... like its mocking me....

But I admit it wasn't all bad... I figured out a few seed ID... found a bunch of shit... I do it for a reason ya know

So it's 3:40 and I'm outside on the bike. I was in a real move for a smoke to relax.... but the shops open up at 4..... A small dilemma but nothing cycling 2-3 times around town won't take care of.... With the wind in my hair I finally enjoyed the cool breeze I was denied in the hot cramped lab.... So I pull up to Leidseplein and notice two bikes that are packed with luggage and packs and waterbottles... It looked like someone camping by bike.... which coincidentally was exactly what it was. One of the Bikes was actually a Rented Macbike from Amsterdam! On the back was a little canadian flag patch...

I wander on in and up to the bar. I order a gram of the Shiva and a coffee, as I listen around the busy shop right next to me i hear a distinct eh? at the end of an english sentence. So i struck up a conversation! They were two BC canadians, a guy named Ryan and a Lady who I can't for the life of me remember her name...... i believe they were married... but i can't remember that either... (we smoked a few joints and pipes.... so my heads a jumble)
Seems that they had been biking and camping around the netherlands and belgium since the end of April and were here until the end of June. They had come for the Lady who was an artist and taking a number of unique pictures around the netherlands....
The decided to come to leiden on a limb and we just happened to run into eachother... we chatted for a bit, enjoyed the Lovely Northern Lights and White widow he had bought from Leidseplein, as well as my Shiva... (All of which by the way are 7 euro a gram... the only more expensive weed there is a cannabis cup winner... black something something... but it's deadly worth it... I think 12/gram)


I showed them around town and we chatted about life and what not...Then took them to the edge of town and pointed them in the right direction of Amsterdam. I told em about Noordwijk and the Flying pig beach hostel. A nice place for a rest and a chill.... and about the Old Amsterdam and the White cheese... So Andy if you're there.... which I know you are a lot ... look out for the two Canadians with backpack bikes... real nice couple with a bunch of fun stories...

Only one simple problem.... I was going to go climbing today, but after meeting and chilling all afternoon, I missed everyone at the wall by an hour... oh well... I was too stoned anyways for big heights...

peace and happy toking

hippy

No comments:

Post a Comment